The people of Kidder Creek have stolen our hearts...
Most likely the toughest part of this summer is going to be saying goodbye. But when it comes to brothers and sisters in Christ, there is no such thing. It is only a "see you later". Concerning this, I wrote a song for the people who we had to say goodbye to.
The more fond I grow
The less I can form the words
This means goodbye for now, but I know not for long
I'll be seeing you when we're singing heaven's song
When we're going home
Our Father's abode
Earth cannot compare to what we'll be seeing there
When we're going home
Our Father's abode
We are now in my cousin Annie's house in Anderson, California. Tomorrow we're driving to San Francisco and having our debrief time there. From SF, we drive to Sebastapool and start our adventure at Mt. Gilead.
But back to Kidder Creek... This past week was focused on maintenance work around the camp. We found ourselves incredibly blessed by the staff and campers. Many times we were weak and exhausted, but the Lord proved Himself faithful and was our strength.
"God sends his love and his faithfulness."
Psalm 57:3
The whole team is excited to finally meet the campers that we've been praying for since January. Please pray that the Lord would soften their hearts to the truth and they would find camp to be a safe environment to share their hearts. Once again, we so appreciate your support.
SMT girls with fellow maintenance and kitchen staff, Courtney and Mary, whom we love dearly.
Our boys prepared for takeoff.

No comments:
Post a Comment