This is going to be a quick post... I'm sitting in Starbucks with my team, taking a very speedy yet needed internet break. After spending an absolutely lovely night and morning at the Hillier's house in Grants Pass, Oregon, we've found ourselves an hour away from Sweet Home. In this town exists a place called Camp Praise, and it's our next stop.
While at Mt. Gilead we were able to see the faithfulness of God illustrated. The week was not free of struggles, but the Lord became our strength. As a team we did not have many opportunities to function together. That proved difficult, but our King saw us through. We witnessed some lives turn around for Christ. What an opportunity to be able to share the gospel with these kids! Personally, I had never been with someone when they asked Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior. Being able to go through the "Romans Road" with campers and to see them put their trust in God was an unthinkable blessing.
As I stated, we had our fair share of struggles. Justin got sick but he was such a trooper. The team couldn't have been more proud. Amongst the girls, we had a hard time relating with a lot of our campers. God put us in cabins where we could be stretched and challenged. We rejoice in these trials because we became stronger through them, and the Lord's faithfulness could shine through. For myself, I had issues with having to be a disciplinarian and not the light-hearted, fun counselor that I would have preferred to be. That was extremely humbling. And I'm thankful for that experience.
Please pray for hearts to be softened at Camp Praise. Pray that we might have energy and strength and that we learn to fully rely on God. (What a hard lesson to learn!) We hope that this post finds you well. Grace and blessings to all of you.
First I will introduce myself. I am Justin's Gramma. Just want to say Kudo's to you all for what you are doing. God Bless you all and Justin sorry to hear you got sick. Sounds like you need some of your Grammas chicken noodle soup. Keep up the good work and have a safe journey.
ReplyDelete